You are here : Home - Web Development - Intermediate Learning
Mastering HTML is important in helping you progress to the next level in your learning curve. As your site grows so will the maintenance, these guides will introduce new ways of reducing maintenance and give you more time to concentrate on writing new content and promoting your site.
Don't forget, if you are confused by anything then you can use the forum to ask for help.
- Style Sheets CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) are very easy to use - Its syntax is easy to learn and once you start using them you will soon realise how powerful they are.
- Inline Styles Style sheets can be used to reformat current html tags. All the text formatting tags such as <p> <b> etc can have a style applied rewriting the default setting for each.
- Embedded Styles - Following on from the inline example, we'll apply styles to the page. Here is an example of embedded html.
- External Styles - External style sheets requires the creation of a new file. External style sheets don't require the <style type="text/css"> </style> tags.
- Server Side Includes - Using Server Side Includes to include common page elements.
- SSI Date and Time - Server Side Includes have many uses one of which is adding the date to your pages..
We hope you find the above guides useful in getting started. Why not let us know what you think by leaving your comments in our forum.
29 Nov 2003